REXFAB is a provider of integrated automated solutions for the North American bakery industry. Our passionate team is dedicated to finding optimal solutions for North American bakers. REXFAB stands out for its sense of innovation, its commitment to its customers, and the unique quality of its products.
Life at Rexfab
At REXFAB, we recognize the importance of having a stimulating and enjoyable job. We value our team members and understand their needs. We offer an environment focused on exciting challenges and professional development, allowing for self-development.
In addition to offering working conditions and an environment that will please you, work-family balance and social life are essential. By joining the team, you are part of a big family that supports each other and moves forward together!
- Complementary health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Life and disability insurance (long term)
- Dental insurance
- Group RRSP / DPSP
- Safety glasses and safety shoes program
- Reimbursement for sports activities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
As part of the production team and reporting to the production supervisor, the machinist is responsible for producing parts according to the plans and specifications requested. He/she operates and adjusts various types of conventional machine tools, while respecting established procedures and quality standards.
You will also participate in the implementation and realization of Rexfab’s vision, mission, orientations, values and objectives.
What will your daily routine be like?
- Interpret plans and/or machining schedules to determine the characteristics of the parts to be produced
- Determine the most efficient/optimal methods of operating the machines to manufacture the parts
- Machine parts and operate various machine tools such as saws, lathes, milling machines, drilling machines, etc.
- Perform dimensional and tolerance calculations to measure and sequence workpieces
- Calibrate and adjust work tools to obtain the required dimensions
- Verify the machined parts using the appropriate measuring instruments to ensure that they conform to the established specifications
- Route machined parts to the appropriate shelves identified on the project
- Ensure the renewal, maintenance and proper use of the various machine tools and/or equipment in the plant
- Respect the work instructions related to the environment and occupational health and safety (OHS)
- Maintain a clean work area and store used tools/instruments in designated areas
- Share new ideas for improvement with your supervisor and contribute to the company’s collective effort
Are you the person we’re looking for?
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP in machining technique) or any other combination of related studies/experience
- One to two years of experience in a similar job
- Knowledge of metric/imperial systems of measurement and the ability to convert as needed
- Good ability to use measuring and precision tools
- Knowledge of different types of steel and other metals
- Operate a forklift (an asset)
- Good knowledge of spoken and written French
Desired abilities / other requirements
- Demonstrate initiative, thoroughness and autonomy
- Be meticulous and have good spatial perception
- Technical problem-solving skills
- Good team spirit
- Have good manual skills
- Be punctual and diligent
Does all this appeal to you? Apply via https://rexfab.com/en/career/ or by sending us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!
Want to join the Rexfab team? Tell us who you are.