Industrialization and Planning Technician
REXFAB is a provider of integrated automated solutions for the North American bakery industry. Our passionate team is dedicated to finding optimal solutions for North American bakers. REXFAB stands out for its sense of innovation, its commitment to its customers, and the unique quality of its products.
Life at Rexfab
At REXFAB, we recognize the importance of having a stimulating and enjoyable job. We value our team members and understand their needs. We offer an environment focused on exciting challenges and professional development, allowing for self-development.
In addition to offering working conditions and an environment that will please you, work-family balance and social life are essential. By joining the team, you are part of a big family that supports each other and moves forward together!
- Salary to be discussed based on your experience.
- Health, dental, life and disability insurance (long term)
- Travel insurance
- Group RRSP / DPSP
- Safety glasses and shoes purchase program
- Reimbursement for sports activities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
REXFAB is looking for an Industrialization and Planning Technician to join our Operations team. Do you want to be directly involved in the next phase of our company’s growth? You have experience in methods, quality and planning management?Your contribution to the team
In collaboration with the Vice President of Operations and all those involved in production, the incumbent participates in the definition and improvement of manufacturing processes, the implementation and maintenance of the quality assurance process while being involved in the continuous improvement of operations and will also ensure the planning of the capacity of the various manufacturing sites.
At REXFAB, each member of our team participates in the implementation and realization of our vision, mission, strategic orientations and objectives and also shares our values (innovation – quality – commitment).
What will your daily routine be like?
The position involves three main areas, methods, quality and planning.
Component 1: Methods
- Lead the program to implement optimal manufacturing methods, coordinate continuous improvement projects at the operations level and support the implementation of new processes and coordinate the changes made.
- Identify operational problems and deploy the necessary corrective actions, analyze improvement paths related to production efficiency and costs and participate in the problem-solving process and the continuous improvement of products and processes.
- Responsible for the rounds at the various workstations to validate the application of procedures and good practices.
- Ensure the application of the standards and directives in place by maintaining a sustained control in the different systems in place.
- Create, analyze and implement different types of change requests in the production processes and measure the impact of the change.
- Create and maintain documentation for assembly instructions, as well as for manufacturing drawings of production jigs and tools with the systems and processes in place.
Component 2: Quality
- Complement existing systems, define and implement quality assurance processes required at the manufacturing level and perform incoming inspection and approval of raw materials.
- Participate in the final inspection of products, inform, train and advise the production team on product quality criteria, the use of measuring instruments and quality documentation.
- Responsible for the rounds at the various workstations to validate the quality of the products.
- Perform calibration and maintenance of measuring instruments according to schedule.
Component 3: Planning
- Ensure the planning of the production capacity of the different manufacturing sites.
- Follow up on the progress of the work, identify and solve the bottlenecks in the manufacturing process.
- Evaluate process capability and capacity, identify and analyze malfunctions, define corrective actions and follow up on their implementation.
- Participate in profitability analyses in connection with production.
Are you the person we’re looking for?
- You have a DEC in industrial engineering techniques or other similar training or combination of equivalent work experience?
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in similar roles?
- You have experience implementing LEAN solutions?
- Metal fabrication and processing methods and the first part approval process (PPAP) are no secret to you?
- Are you known for your knowledge of quality assurance systems, blueprint reading and tolerancing?
- You know how to use different measuring instruments and you master the current MS Office software (Word, Excel)?
- You have the ability to manage several projects at the same time?
- You are a self-starter, flexible, creative and organized?
- You are a good team player with good communication skills?
- You have a good capacity for analysis and synthesis and are open to changes?
In addition to offering working conditions and an environment that will please you, work-family balance and social life are essential at REXFAB. By joining the team, you become part of a big family that supports each other and moves forward togheter !
Does all this appeal to you ? We look forward meeting you !
Rexfab reserves the right to communicate only with the persons retained.